Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Chronic Bacterial Vaginosis

I AGREE TO USE MD STAT FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, THAT NO DOCTOR PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS FORMED BY MY PARTICIPATION IN THIS EXCHANGE, AND I UNDERSTAND THAT MY QUESTION AND ANSWER(S) WILL BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE AND WILL BE VIEWABLE BY VISITORS TO THE SITE.: Yes, I agree.
I have been diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis.I have taken the medication prescribed which was flagyl. Not only did I take it once but twice. It has not worked both times. They increased the second dosage and still had not worked. I read if you take folic acid that it will work. However, I have been taking this as well and still no luck. I was wondering could there be an underlying cause for this not clearing up.

 How tall are you (feet and inches)?: 5'3
 What is your weight in pounds?: 250
 How old are you?: 36
 How long has this been going on?: More than a month

 Describe associated symptoms not listed above: just a discharge that is a cloudy color . The doc said it is chronic b.v.

 Check all conditions present in your immediate family... : Diabetes

 Please list any medications you are currently taking (and dosage if known) :: folic acid 800 mcg.once aday

 When was your last menstrual cycle?: 4 weeks ago
 Are you currently using or do you have a history of tobacco use?: No
 Are you currently using or do you have a history of illegal drug use?: No
 Please describe your alcohol consumption :: Never

___________________________________________

THIS LINK HERE MAY BE OF SOME HELP TO YOU.

I wish I had more information for you but as you can see from the link above, this CAN become a chronid problem.

If you are not currently under the care of a Gynecologist I would highly recommend this.

Also, I see that you have a history of diabetes in your family, and I also see that you are overweight.

If you are pre-diabetic or 'borderline' diabetic this could be contributing to this problem.

While the BV is the issue of concern for you here, with your family history and your current weight you are at high risk for developing TYPE 2 DIABETES.

It is quite possible that if you could get close to your ideal weight, THIS IS HELPFUL, that you might find that your BV problem clears up, and that you would avoid becoming diabetic.

Again, I'm sorry that I don't have a better answer for you. If you have comments or questions please make them in the box below.

No comments: